Job Posting: Full time NCN Achimowin Radio Station Announcer
EMPLOYER: NCN Achimowin Radio Station
POSITION: One (1) full time NCN Achimowin Radio Station Announcer
Deadline: Friday, March 17, 2017
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Wage: To be determined
Competition #: NCN-03-03-2017-001
NCN Achimowin Radio Station is looking for a full time radio station announcer to start as soon as possible. Under the supervision of the Station Manager, the Radio Announcer will be responsible for a variety of tasks associated with the preparation and on-air presentation of program material on radio.
• Reads newscasts and news bulletins in English and Cree;
• Select and introduce music, videos and other entertainment material for broadcast; and make commercial and public service announcements.
• Maintains a music library;
• Interview reporters or other program personnel;
• Develops and maintains contacts with various sources;
• Write or copy-edit written material for broadcast;
• Evaluates information gathered, organizes it and presents it on air in a coherent and understandable form;
• Read narration or other written material for live or recorded programs;
• Schedules airtime for talk shows, interviews, advertisements, etc.
• Act as host/hostess, introduce and interview guests and conduct proceedings of shows or programs;
• Describes actualities such as parades, sporting, musical and other special events;
• Carry out general presentation duties such as signing on and signing off, and the voicing of network cues, station breaks, time signals and commercial, promotional and other announcements;
• In case of technical failure, makes emergency substitutions or repairs to maintain clear and continuous service; ensure appropriate follow-up
• All other tasks assigned by supervisor.
• knowledge and experience working within a radio station;
• Strong written and oral communications (Cree & English);
• Strong interpersonal and organization skills;
• Cooperative, team oriented and flexible;
• Observant and able to spot potential problem situations;
• Computer proficiency;
• Understanding of Broadcast systems software;
• Be familiar with the difference between a commercial radio station and a community radio station;
• Experience in on-air exposure;
• Have some experience with local news, understanding its importance;
• Have a wide-ranging understanding and appreciation for the various music genres. Be able to select proper music for our expected audience;
• Have a very creative mind that provides our listeners and advertisers with one of a kind, unique promotions and events;
• Have a need to become involved in the community, thus enhancing the role of the radio station;
• Must have the desire to grow 98.1 FM audiences, revenue and on-air professionalism.
• Must be willing to take Broadcasters training and/or other training affiliated with public relations
Please provide a Current Criminal Records Check, Cover Letter, Resume and References to:
Kim Linklater at the NCN Band Office
Phone: 204-484-2332 ext. 2245
*Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.